ISO 9001:2015--Another Quality Milestone
AMSOIL has long been committed to excellence and has a documented history of innovation and leadership. AMSOIL was the:
- First to develop an API-rated 100 percent synthetic motor oil.
- First to introduce the concept of "extended drain intervals" with a recommended 25,000-mile/1-year drain interval.
- First U.S. company to utilize the NOACK volatility test as a standard of performance excellence.
- First to produce synthetic motor oils for diesel engines, racing engines, turbo and marine engines.
- First to introduce synthetic oils that legitimately contribute to improving fuel efficiency.
- First to manufacture synthetic gear lube for automotive use.
- First to manufacture a 100:1 pre-mix synthetic 2-cycle oil.
- First to manufacture a synthetic automatic transmission fluid for automotive use.
In the spirit of this commitment to excellence, AMSOIL has a certified Quality Management System (QMS). NSF International Strategic Registrations is the registrar that has verified that the AMSOIL QMS meets the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
What is ISO?
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a network of the national standards institutes of 147 countries. ISO sets rigorous standards for business, government and industry and is used by over 300,000 companies worldwide.
What is ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001:2015 is a validated Quality standard. It is the most widely utilized Quality standard throughout the world for Quality management systems. ISO 9001:2015 is applicable to any organizations and provides a framework for system development that focuses on the customer, quality system(s) performance and ongoing improvement. It is based on seven quality management principles of: customer focus; leadership; engagement of people; process approach; improvement; evidence-based decision making; and relationship management. When fully adopted, these principles have been proven to enhance organizational performance in providing quality products and services to customers. For customers and potential industry partners, ISO certification provides 3rd party verification that AMSOIL has systems in place to ensure consistent product quality and service for each product we produce.
Certification for AMSOIL INC.
The AMSOIL Quality Management System is registered to the ISO 9001:2015 standard under the scope: Synthetic lubricants blending, packaging, and other fulfillment directly associated with lubricant product manufactured exclusively by AMSOIL INC. in Superior, WI.
Click here to view the AMSOIL ISO 9001:2015 certificate
For questions regarding this certification, please contact Tessa Siemen, Quality & EHS Manager at (715) 392-7101.