AMSOIL is Prepared for the Next Generation of Diesel Oils
New API diesel specifications are on the way, and we’re ready with new AMSOIL Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil and AMSOIL Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil launching in February.
The two upcoming new API diesel oil specifications focus on these five goals:
- Reduced emissions
- Improved fuel economy
- Stronger oxidation stability
- Better shear stability
- Increased resistance to aeration
The new API CK-4 specification is designed for current model-year and older diesel engines and is backward-compatible with API CJ-4 (and prior) oils.
The new API FA-4 specification is designed to further improve fuel economy and reduce emissions. FA-4 oils are not backward-compatible and may only be used in certain 2017 and newer over-the-road trucks, when approved by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
A Sneak Peek
The launch of the new API specifications in December will prompt a significant change in the AMSOIL synthetic diesel oil lineup as all-new API CK-4 diesel oils are added to the mix. Premium Synthetic Diesel Oil (DEO, DME) will be discontinued and replaced by new AMSOIL Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil, and OE Synthetic Diesel Oil (OEC, OED) will be discontinued and replaced by new AMSOIL Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil in February.
AMSOIL Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil
Like Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil for gasoline engines, Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil will represent the top tier of AMSOIL protection and performance for diesel engines. Signature Series will be available in 5W-40 and 15W-40 viscosities, as well as new 0W-40 and 5W-30 viscosities.
- Max-Duty engine protection and performance
- Significantly exceed industry requirements
- Full OEM specification coverage
- Reduced oil consumption
- Extended drain intervals, including reintroduction of 25,000-mile/one-year drain intervals for turbodiesel trucks.
A Premium All-Fleet Oil
Signature Series 5W-30 Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil will be a premium all-fleet oil engineered for modern diesel and gasoline engines.
- Meets the latest diesel and gasoline oil specifications, including API CK-4 and API SN
- Emissions-system compliant
- Low viscosity delivers protection equal to higher viscosity engine oils
AMSOIL Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil
AMSOIL Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil will provide outstanding protection and performance for customers seeking an upgrade over conventional and synthetic-blend diesel oils, while being price-competitive with other synthetic brands in the marketplace. AMSOIL Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil will be available in 15W-40 and 10W-30 viscosities, as well as a new 5W-40 viscosity.
- Heavy-duty engine protection and performance
- Excellent opportunity for price-conscious customers to move up to AMSOIL quality
- Reduced oil consumption
Look for more exciting information about the new AMSOIL synthetic diesel oil lineup in the coming months.