Low Toxicity, Biodegradable
Conventional ethylene glycol-based coolants are toxic,
presenting a poisoning risk if ingested by children, pets, livestock
or wildlife. AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is
biodegradable, and its low toxicity limits poisoning risk.
Helps Prevent Metallic Corrosion and Erosion
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is formulated with
unique organic acids that form a protective layer that prevents
corrosion on metal components. Independent tests reveal it greatly surpasses standards for metallic corrosion and erosion,
achieving nearly perfect scores in ASTM corrosion and erosion
testing on cast aluminum cylinder heads, steel, copper, solder,
brass and cast iron and aluminum water pumps.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is a polyorganic
acid formulation that does not contain inorganic acid
salts (phosphate, nitrate, nitrite, silicate, borate, amine) found
in conventional and hybrid organic acid (HOAT) antifreeze/coolants. These materials are responsible for almost all scaling
issues in cooling systems, commonly reacting with calcium
and magnesium in water to form precipitates that adhere to
metal surfaces and create scale and corrosion. They can also
precipitate to form scale if the antifreeze/coolant inhibitor system
is at the wrong pH or mixed with incompatible products. AMSOIL
Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant virtually eliminates scaling
problems. It is much more resistant to issues caused when
calcium/magnesium are inadvertently introduced to the radiator
through tap water.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant effectively
protects cylinder liners against cavitation erosion/corrosion
pitting, without the problems associated with nitrite and nitrite/molybdate technology. Nitrites can cause aluminum corrosion,
and they are being banned from coolants used by a growing
number of manufacturers in both the heavy-duty and automotive
markets. AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is a
top-performing technology that performs extremely well in ASTM
D7583 (John Deere Cavitation Test) testing.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant eliminates the
need for supplemental coolant additives (SCAs), extenders and
recharging cooling systems. It provides extended service life in
all gasoline and diesel vehicles, with recommended intervals of
150,000 miles or five years, whichever comes first, in passenger
cars and light trucks and 600,000 miles, 12,000 hours of
operation or six years, whichever comes first, in heavy-duty and
Compatible With Other Fluids
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is dyed neutral
yellow and is compatible with all ethylene and propylene
antifreeze and coolant colors, as well as all plastics and
elastomers (hoses, gaskets, etc.) found in cooling systems.
It is also compatible with fully formulated diesel antifreezes
and other organic acid technology (OAT) and hybrid organic
acid technology (HOAT) formulations. Mixing propylene and
ethylene glycol formulations can make it difficult to predict freeze
protection. If mixing for top-off is unavoidable, it is recommended
to flush the cooling system at the next convenient opportunity.
Boiling Point (sea level)
- 219°F at 40 percent antifreeze concentration, 222°F at 50 percent, 225°F at 60 percent.
- Increase by 40° to 45°F if a 15 psi radiator cap is used.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is formulated for use in ALL domestic and import passenger cars and light trucks and designed to meet the following heavy-duty specifications:
- ASTM D4985, D6210
- Case IH
- Caterpillar EC-1
- Chrysler MS7170
- Cummins CES14603
- Detroit Diesel 7SE298, 93K217
- Fiat Professional; Fiat Truck
- Ford WSS-M97B51-A1
- Freightliner 48-22880
- John Deere 8650-5
- Mack Truck CNH
- MTU MTL5048, 5049
- New Holland
- PACCAR: Kenworth, Peterbilt
- TMC of ATA RP329, 330, 338
- US Military CID A-A-52624A
- Protection up to 150,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first, in passenger cars and light trucks.
- Protection up to 600,000 miles, 12,000 hours of operation or 6 years, whichever comes first, in heavy-duty applications.
- Does not require use of supplemental coolant additives (SCAs) or extenders.
Directions for Use
- High-quality water is essential for proper cooling system protection. Mix with distilled water or high-quality water containing less than 100 ppm total hardness (calcium and magnesium compounds). Check antifreeze/coolant-mix freezing point.
- Do not remove radiator cap when engine is hot.
- Used antifreeze/coolant is hazardous. Clean up and dispose of properly following local regulations.
- Check owner’s manual for maintenance and top-off guidelines.
AMSOIL PRODUCT WARRANTY
AMSOIL products are backed by a Limited Liability Warranty. For
complete information visit www.amsoil.com/warranty.aspx.
HEALTH & SAFETY
This product is not expected to cause health concerns when used for the intended applications and according to the recommendations in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). An SDS is available online at www.amsoil.com or upon request at
(715) 392-7101. Keep Out of Reach of Children. Recycle
used antifreeze/coolant and bottle.